How can you help?
All the money raised which has enabled us to create the memorial garden at Nobles Hospital has either been raised by fundraising events organised by the Organ Donation Committee, or it has been given by individuals, families and companies/organisations here on the Isle of Man and we would like to thank everyone. None of what we have already achieved would have been possible without your support.
Since the garden opened in September 2015, we have made improvements to the garden, such as:
- Installation of electric lighting on all five main feature stones;
- Purchase of wooden chainsaw carvings, plus a bench; and
- Purchase of seasonal plants to bring colour to the garden throughout the year.
Over the coming year, we are looking at making further improvements such as a review of the hard landscaping within the garden and getting paving slabs laid which will make walking through the memorial garden easier.
If you would like to provide a donation to our charity, all funds (no matter how small) are gratefully received. Any funds received will go towards the following, plus much more:
- Allow us to continue to provide a personally engraved stone to the families of those who have given their organs which can be placed in the memorial garden;
- To purchase organ donation literature that can be used to educate residents of the Isle of Man; and
- To continually make improvements to the garden.
Cheques can be made payable to:
Organ Donation Memorial Society
FAO Pam Makin / Dave Walker
C/O Nobles Hospital
Isle of Man
Alternatively, you can contact me via the “Contact” page and alternative arrangements can be made.
We would like to thank everyone for the support we have received since we started this project. As with most things, it never ends and we are always looking at ways to improve the support given to those families who find themselves in a similar situation to me, together with providing educational support to anyone on the Isle of Man who needs it.